Saturday, February 5, 2011

Aunt Mugsie's I Believe List

My Aunt Mugs is one of my dad's sisters. She is my godmother and one of my all-time favorite people. My mom used to tell me how crazy she thought it was just how like her I am. She didn't live next door, but has always been part of my life. In college she lived down the street and would take us college kids out for real meals about once a month and always seemed to know just the right time for a time-out from the college scene. She has been a wonderful god-mother and an example that I am that I have had! Now, I know how to be a great godparent. Thanks, Aunt Mugs!
************************************************************************************

I believe in God and that he sustains me through good times and bad.

I believe that Scottville was a great place to grow up.

I believe that it is okay to read magazines and newspapers for free at the bookstore as long as I buy some coffee.

I believe that we are definitely products of our parents.

I believe that it is always sunny in Kelly Shorts Stadium.

I believe that singing music by Palestrina and Bach, when the sun is streaming through the Cathedral stained glass windows, is a most sacred event.

I believe in buying cut flowers and good chocolate to mark special occasions and to continue precious traditions.

I believe that the music from the 70’s is the best.

I believe in prayer.

I believe that I carry my sister Christine with me everywhere I go.

I believe I learned my strong work ethic from my Dad.

I believe that all of my nephews and nieces are smart, beautiful and well loved.

I believe there is a comfy couch “up north” and that Mom, Dad and Christine can make room for anyone they want.

I believe that I can learn how to live a better life by paying close attention to my brothers and sisters.

I believe in public service.

I believe we all have a responsibility to help out those who are less fortunate.

I believe that the cup is half full.

I believe that friends are family.

No comments:

Post a Comment