Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A life of Happy Chaos

I have been meaning to write this for two weeks. 
Life. Events. Work. It all gets in the way. 
But here we go...

Two weeks ago, I married my person. We hosted 70 friends and family and celebrated our love for one another and for those we love. And it was perfect. 
I mean it. Everything was exactly as it should be. 

It was more than just a few hours, it was a whole weekend. I was very skeptical when Frank said he wanted to host Thanksgiving the day before the wedding. I mean, seriously. Who does that?! Well, apparently, we do. And it was THE BEST day! We hosted 25 adults, 7 kids and 5 dogs. It was literally happy chaos. I loved every single minute. I found myself looking around and just watching. Then I'd get choked up. It was our people, all together. I looked at my husband and he just twinkled- all day. It was loud and busy and so very happy. And we hadn't even gotten to the wedding day yet! 

By 10am on Friday the house was filled with people and chaos once again. And once again, I kept finding myself pausing, looking around and taking it all in. And it was so joyful. And again, I kept choking up. My heart was so full. It was all my favorite people in one place, all together. Joy. 

Instead of recapping the whole of everything, I am just going to list my very favorite moments:
  • Getting a manicure and pedicure with my mom and Papa
  • Enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee and conversation with my mama before we got busy building centerpieces and cooking turkey
  • seeing Frank's eyes twinkle with joy as our home was filled with so many we love
  • hearing conversation and laughter in every room of our house
  • watching our people make connections with one another and becoming friends
  • laughing with my brother about "losing control"
  • seeing C fall head over heals for Walter
  • enjoying a quiet cup of coffee, snuggles with my pups and writing my vows before the happy chaos began again
  • seeing Maria obviously feel so pretty after her hair was done
  • Hot Pink Sparkle shoes (both pair!)
  • sharing quiet moments with each of my munchkins
  • Steph helping the girlies do their nails and figure out what hairstyle they wanted
  • Gus telling Jenny she was the most beautiful momma in the world
  • helping get Gus and Jade ready (before mom and dad helped)
  • having a quiet moment getting ready with Jenny
  • laughing with my First Dude (again)
  • laughing with Erica (always)
  • the moment my mom saw me in my dress- she doesn't cry anymore and couldn't stop.
  • hugging my dad
  • seeing Frank in the kitchen when he didn't know I was watching. He was so handsome
  • learning that Walter is fiercely protective of his pack
  • walking into the venue- it was so beautiful (Papa, Uncle Tim and the crew did such a good job)
  • being able to hug and greet people when they arrived
  • the little shared moment with Erica before we all walked down the "aisle"
  • laughing with my dad and discussing whether or not he should carry the truck down the aisle
  • the dudes all carrying a beer (and walking a dog!)
  • the remarks
  • the vows
  • forgetting (and then remembering) the rings!
  • being with all of our people
Like I said, it was more perfect than anything I ever expected. It was truly the perfect way to begin a marriage. To begin a life of happy chaos. 












































No comments:

Post a Comment