Sunday, March 27, 2011

Travel fun...

After a few months away from the airport, I am back to my normal travel adventures!

On a recent flight from Detroit to Seattle, I made an observation about people seated at Gates. If you really look at the group of people seated at a Gate, I think you can tell exactly where they are headed.

Here are the people that helped inspire this post--



Check them out-- it cannot get MORE classic Seattle than these two. Totally granola! And the more I looked, the better it got. Do you see her boots? How about his socks and sandals? These are the sterotypical Seattle residents. It would be unfair to say that the majority of the Seattle population looks like this, but this is what springs to mind when I think of traditional Seattle of old. These folks along with the others at the gate made it VERY evident where we were all headed. Since my flight was delayed for an addtional hour, I decided to talk a walk and make a game out of it. So, I wandered the terminal and looked at the gate people and then at where the people were flying. And 3 out of 3 times I was right! Florida was a little easy--- people in Disney apparel, shorts, flip-flops, and sun hats. New York---suit-clad people, laptops, everyone on their phones with cups of coffee in their hands. And my favorite-- New Jersey. No joke- 9 of the 10 people seated there had on sweatpants. The ladies had BIG hair and BIG make-up and fancy shoes with sweatpants. It was awesome!


I do realize this game was completely based on sterotypes and probably not very nice, but it was a fun game to play while I waited for a plane. And it didn't hurt anyone. I know I fit into the Seattle group with my fleece and Merrills. And I embrace it!


As for the rest of this travel experience, I think Karma had it out for me after my "mean" game! Once we finally got on the place, we were further delayed in the air (I didn't even know that could happen). By the time we landed, it was 2am EST and my body was ready for bed, but I needed some drama instead. It took Delta over an hour to get us our bags (I wish I was kidding!!). By the time I got my bag, I was convinced the worst flight should be over. Sadly, I was wrong. As I was getting in the cab, the cabbie almost drove off with me halfway in the cab. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment