Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Coffee Talk

I know I have taken some time away and have a few backlog posts to post, but in the meantime...

I am currently on the surface of the sun (or Phoenix) and needed to work from a coffee place to get some caffeine and organize my route ideas before heading out on the road to make an amazing route.
Of course in my grand tradition of coffee location experiences, I found a seat next to a "Chatty" table. Normally, I have the ability to tune out these chats while I am working. In fact, that seems to help me focus. (I think it's because I did my homework at the kitchen table as a kid.). Anyway, today, I found the only available plug next to the chattiest of chatty tables! The women seated there were clearly working on something. As I listened, they were too loud to ignore. I realzied they were planning a 5K walk of some kind. My interest was peaked.
And as I continued to listen, my heart rate picked up and my level of annoyance became "grated". The woman who was the chairperson literally had NO clue what she was talking about. And my inner control-freak wanted to make a full appearance. It took everything in me, not to interject and tell her exactly what she should be doing.
As my blood pressure reached high, I decided I needed to relocate before just shouting at the woman....
Maybe I need to lay off the caffeine. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment