Monday, September 1, 2014

First days of school

Tomorrow is the start of a new school year for my little loves in Michigan. While not a major deal in my immediate world, it does take me back to a year ago. And makes me a little misty thinking about how far we have all come.
Last year on the first day of school, I lived with my favorite little family and was asked to walk to the bus stop with the whole fam. I may have been awake with them every day but was generally still in my pi's since I worked from home. Not that day, I was up and attem and was lucky enough to see the excitement, the tears, the joy and the worry across all of their faces. Because on that first day of school there was more than just starting the school year, they were starting months of a new crazy and scary part of their lives together. They were beginning to plan their move back to the Michigan. At the time, like me, they were in flux. Uncertain about what the future would bring. I was privy to the inner strength of a marriage and a family. It was (and continues to be) beautiful.
So now a year later, I am not there to walk to the bus stop but I know it will be more joyful and fun. I know the outfit chosen will be incredible (and I better get pics!!). And I know one year later we are all exactly where we are meant to be.
Cheers to the fabulous first days to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment