Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The language of Littles


Over the years, I have been lucky enough to be trusted and welcomed into the fold of many wonderful families. Each family has their own little language. It's true. On my way to my nanny gig yesterday, I started to think about the language of the little people I have been able to spend time with and it cracked me up. It came to mind because the little miss of the household cracks up every time I say "crash, boom, bang!" after something falls down. She falls into giggle fits every time and then repeats it over and over until something else falls and I say it again. When she does it, it makes me miss my little buddy in Seattle who introduced me to that hilarious phrase. As I was walking, I started to think about the other fabulous words and phrases that are special to those special kiddos in my world.
A few of my very favorites:

  • Crash! Boom! Bang!
  • Guys (referring to dolls or Little People)
  • Sweaty Betty (referring to a sweaty little person) *
I love that each family has their own language. And I love that I am allowed into those trusted places to see and hear the language of that family.  It's a little like Jane Goodall being welcome into the tribe of apes. Just as messy, sticky, and crazy! 

*I know there are many, many more but now sitting at my computer in my very adult space some of the others completely escape me. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment