Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Airline Snob

For today's travel adventure I was headed to Atlanta. It's a quick trip, so I decided not to check a bag. I was on a direct flight (Amazing!). I was on time, not super early and not going to be running. good deal. I even packed on Monday night so I would make sure all my stuff fit and I didn't forget a thing. Well the best laid plans...
As I approached security with my at-home printed ticket, I realized my driver's license was NOT in my wallet. At all! (I believe it is in my regular travel bag at home in the pocket- where I ussually place it to get through security.) Since I had different travel gear, due to the carry-on, I only had my wallet. Luckily, I had my student ID from MSU. It was issued in 2003. Now, let me remind you, it's 2010. That's 7 years....but I figured I'd give it a whirl before I ran out the door and called the airline to book another flight while headed home to grab my passport. I had to give TSA every item in my wallet and they had to pad me down and check all my stuff, but I was able to get in! (Whew!) (And PS before you make fun of me, I am really not sure why I still carry my student ID, but it sure did come in handy!)
Sadly, the airline I was on today was one that I rarely travel on so I have ZERO status (now referred to as ghetto status). As it turns out, I have become an air passenger snob. I don't like to travel with the masses and have to fight my way to the back of the plane, fight over the ovhead bin space, or deal with unfamiiar travelers. Well, today that is exactly what I had to do. (sigh). I ended up in the last row of the plane, in the middle seat, between two large dudes with the seat reclined in front of me. That left me exactly 1 inch of space (argh!). Cue to a good nap and some chapters read in my good book, since clearly there was no space to get out a computer and work (a gift and an annoyance).
The highlight of my day was arriving at the Hotel Indigio- Atlanta. Love it! Seriously, it was like walking into a little bit of my dream house. Bright colors mixed with white, for a bright but cozy feel. Then mix-in a cozy chair and cute cottage touches--I am officially a huge fan!

1 comment:

  1. as usual i was laughing, i was crying, i was laughing.

    i'm so glad you decided to do a blog!

    ReplyDelete