Monday, December 27, 2010

Bah! humbug!


(should have been posted on 12/18)




My! My! Yes, it has been a tremendously long absense since my last blog post. And let's be honest, the last one was a little lame and lacked that holiday spirit that all things in December should be filled with! I mean, I didn't even acknowlegde the fact that it was the day after St. Nicholas Day. sad. Basically, that lack of mention kind of sums up my lack of holiday spirit this year. Now, normally, I am filled (Obnoxiously so) with the holiday spirit. I am that person who hums Christmas carols under my breath (albeit, the lame ones, but still), bakes yummy treats for those nearby, and gets so pumped to buy presents that I can go very overboard. But sadly, not this year. I can't figure it out. I even hosted a holiday cookie exchange and helped a friend trim her very first artificial tree to surprise her two year old. If I couldn't find holiday joy in that, what else is there?


At this late juncture, I find this lack of spirit somewhat frustrating. I am annoyed with myself for missing that twinkle. I head to Michigan and will be the fam, so I hope that I am just a late-bloomer with the holiday this year....otherwise, I will officially get the LAME award for the 2010 holiday season and I don't want that!


Here's hoping one moment soon that little twinkle and holiday sparkle will appear

No comments:

Post a Comment