Tuesday, May 10, 2011

250




Why is it that I can write and talk ALL THE TIME about nothing, but when it comes time to write an essay on why I should be accepted into a program, I find myself at a loss for words? I mean if you're reading this blog (even semi-regularly) you know I can go on and on (and on and on) about pretty much nothing. I rant and rave. I celebrate. I vent. I share. And yet...here I am with the cursor blinking at me and I can't figure out what to say.




Maybe it's because I know someone is judging and I want to make sure I find the right words. Or maybe it's because I am a little rusty at this whole school thing. Usually when I find myself without words, I go for a walk and by the time I am back I have it all figured out. Today it did not work, but on the plus side I enjoyed a gorgeous walk along the shore. It was busy because it was finally nice out (even the seals came out!) But I still don't have 250 words....Hmpf! It's 250 words. A short blurb really.




And I think that's the issue---it's too much to say in such a short space. I need to impress them and catch their (whoever they is!) attention because I want this. I am excited about the possibility of being a student again, of growing and learning and stretching my brain in a way I had forgotton. It makes giddy to think about. And that is why I can't find something to say...it's so important.




Wish me well...and think happy acceptance thoughts!




PS- As I laid down to sleep last night, the essay that was brewing just below the surface came up and I completed the app. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment