Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Alaska!

Alaska!
(Yes, that was worth the exclamation point after a single word.)


Alsaka was AMAZING!


Until about a week out from the trip, I kept forgetting that I was headed that way. Not because of lack of excitement but rather because of the things I needed to do before the trip began (and also because I am in complete denial that it is June). When I booked the trip, the end of May seemed so far away. But with the help of our incredible friends, Buzz-buzz and I were able to have an incredible vacation.

The Mayor set us up with a house and car to use for the week. When we arrived--not only was it a house, but it was a house on a gorgeous mountain lake. This was the view we enjoyed each morning over coffee (diet cokes) and pastries:




Our daily routine while vacationing was to wake at 4am (realize just because it was light out, it did not mean it was time to wake) and then officially wake up at 8/9am, enjoy cofffee and pastries, and then head out for the day's adventure.


The whole adventure was amazing. Starting with great friends and topped off with once-in-a-lifetime type excursions! I could not have asked for a better experience and can officially say that Juneau is now added to my list of favorite cities. I will definately go back!


Though everything was incredible my highlights were:
- Ziplining through the Alaskan rainforest- 100 feet in the air across streams and trailways
- Float planes
- Glaciers


And there was so much more...
More for another time. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment