Tuesday, May 3, 2011

O, Brother

On this blog, I have often mentioned "favorites". These are the people that I rely on most in my life for laughter, hugs, and general merriment. They are the people I speak to the most or the people that take up just a little more space in my heart than most.



One of the all-time favorites, is my bro (lovingly referred to as Buddy, the Dude, and when we were little Ax).

Since the day he was born, he has been a "favorite"- even if I sometimes didn's show it or tell him. I will admit there was a few years when I really didn't like him (nor him me), but now I count him again as one of my besties. Without fail, every time we talk, we laugh. He is still one of the people that makes me laugh harder than anyone else.



I love our random afternoon chats when he is driving home- sometimes we talk for a long time, other times we are just crabby and cut it short. But I love most that we can be real with one another. If one of us is not in the mood to have a conversation, we just say so--no games, no politeness and no hurt feelings.


He is the one person in life that probably knows all my stories. We have the same shared experiences and took different things from those experiences, but he is the only other person on the planet who knows what it's like to move from St. Cyrils to Durand(and share a bedroom), to Memphis and then back again. We have definately had our moments of dislike, but I am so glad to count him as my friend in my adult life.


Thanks for the friendship, Buddy! Keep the stories coming--they always make my day.


Oh and PS-- thanks for marrying an awesome girl so I can FINALLY have the sister I always wanted! ;) Maybe if she was around sooner you wouldn't have had to play Barbies so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment