Monday, October 28, 2013

Home is where the heart is.

In the last few years, well months more specifically, I have been told by many that I am a professional nomad. I just kind of smiled and let that statement sink in. Professional nomad. huh?
That was never my intention. I never considered that it's unual to move about so much. I once had a bumper stcker on my car that read "Not all who wander are lost". It suited me in my "hippie" phase and it suits me still. (not that I have bumper stickers anymore...) I am not lost. I find that though my head might be in the clouds and my aspirations are all over the place, I am grounded in who I am and where I belong by the people who love me.
This fact has never more clear to me than in the last 6 months. In a time when I could look back and think 'what a shitshow', I am instead already thinking back with fondness. I was able to be absorbed into three beautful families and was reminded what it's like to be part of something so wonderful. You see, once you've lived alone for a bit it's easy to forget how awesome it is to be part of a family on a day-to-day basis. Sure, there are days you kind of think in my "real life", I'd be able to sleep in or whatever, but once you get back into the "real life" sleeping in isn't as cool as you thought. At least for me, when compared to morning snuggles and giggles around a breakfast table.
I found that I am able to make a 'home' wherever I am because I know I can always go 'home' if there are people I love there.
And that makes me so happy. And grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment