Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mmmmm...laundry

As you may have guessed from my post earlier this week, I am in Arizona working on the Arizona event. As I have said before, it is a gift to be able to be in my old stomping grounds semi-regularly. Although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new home- this is home, too. And there are certain things that I do miss about not living in Phoenix. Near the top of the list (but frequently forgotten) is the smell of Mexican's laundry. I am not kidding. I am not being offensive. I mean it. I LOVE the smell of fresh laundry. And no joke, Mexican families ALWAYS smell amazing. Now before you think I am making stereotypes, I am not! Some may say I have a good sniffer and smell things others cannot. One of those things is great smelling laundry. After living in Phoenix for a few years, I started to realize that an amazing clean laundry smell was consistently coming from hispanic families. (love). Now if you know me, you know I have a not-so-secret desire to be a senorita. I heart the hispanic culture- the bright colors, the importance of family...what's not to like? Add to that--the incredible scented laundry. In one word- heaven. Once the realization was made, I was on a hunt. I went through a phase of trying different laundry soaps on a very regular basis and still couldn't find that amazing scent for myself. I even went to the Hacienda- a hispanic-centric market that caters to people fresh into the States. No Luck. My next step, I am a little ashamed to say, involved stalking good smelling families in the grocery store and watching which detergent they picked up. (I was subtle, I swear.) Still, no luck. At one point, I just asked a friend. She explained one method; someone else explained another.
Well, some years later and I have still not had any luck. I have reluctantly given up my quest and will remain un-magnificent in my laundry scenting. Living in Seattle, I don't get that amazing whiff so I can easily forget my loss. But here in Phoenix the scent catches me and I am again reminded that I never figured out the secret. (Add it to the list of reasons why I need to become a senorita- for real!) And with that, I will continue to enjoy the scent from the family sitting next me. Mmmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment