Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Travel Pet Peeves

Well hello there! Yes, I know it's been awhile. Did you miss me? ;) It's been a a busy week or so--lots of travel (and some definate travel drama) and then no access to internet....thus a long time away.

So here we go--Before my hiatus, a friend sent a note to share some of her sister's travel drama. It was so funny that I decided to try and have a guest spot here and it inspired today's topic: Travel Pet Peeves.
(guest spot)Pet Peeve #1: Didn't know someone yawning could gross me out, but it can. When I was waiting for my flight from Newark, the woman two feet from me charging her phone at the same little station I was let out a big one. Fine. We're all tired. Then two seconds later she belts out another huge one and I was like, eww, I think I'm going to smell her breath. The next yawn was so intense and wide-jawed it ended with this crazy hairball-in-your-throat sound, and by then I'd had it.
PP#2: The night before on the NJ Transit train home, the guy next to me in the window seat had his elbow propped up on the rounded barely-there windowsill. He went through this painful routine perhaps 20 times in a row:
1. Fall into a deep sleep
2. Have elbow slide off into his lap
3. Have head slam into chest, then neck snap back and eyes fly open
4. Place elbow back on windowsill
It was so fucking jarring and annoying that finally I jabbed him in the side while saying "Ohsorryaboutthat!" and woke him up for good.

(thank you, friend, for your hilarious contribution)

And a few of my own....

PP#3- People sleeping in the airport terminal. You are NOT at home, please do not remove your shoes. Now an early, early, early flight could be an excuse...yet this flight is scheduled for 10am. This (see photo) is not EVER going to be okay!

And while we're at it--if the terminal is full, please do not take up more than one seat. That means your belongings, too! Although we are going to be seated for the next 4 hours, it should not be mandatory to eat while standing.
And enough for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment