Sunday, November 14, 2010

The end of the road...

So, today is the last day of my 3-Day season. (I just realized that right this minute!). It's been a long season. The longest I have ever had. It was long because I started at the beginning and am ending at the end of 15. But in those weeks spent on the road, there have been some really incredible moments. I have the pleasure of driving each of the routes and really seeing the people and places we impact.

Here are just a few of my highlights---
- The two ladies with a thank you sign who likely have other things to do on a Friday morning, but make it important to cheer on these walkers
- It's the young lady carrying the "my mother" flag and is walking with only her dad by her side
- The smiles at 7am when the walkers are told to wait and the walkers are patient, kind and pleasnt while waiting
- It's witnessing moments like a co-worker taking the time to care for a stranger at their most vulnerable moment
- It's conversation with a man;y-man about the tender moments we are priveleged to witness
- It's getting thanks from someone whom I should be thanking
- It's watching a woman be stronger than she ever thought she could be
- It's the families that wake-up at 7am on a Sunday to hand out popsicles on a very hot morning
- It's watching the unexpected joy on someone's face when they realize they have made it!
- It's the moments we laugh so hard and for so long that we have forgotten why we started laughing in the first place

I am lucky to have a job that allows me to witness triumphs, help someone in their weakest moment, and work with an incredibly talented group of folks who share in the same values I do. Althought the work we do is for a serious cause, we definately have a good time!
Here are some of my favorite moments in photos---




Thanks to everyone who has made this long, long season super fun (most of the time)!





1 comment:

  1. Jessica, thanks for sharing what each of us on the 3-day project gets to experience each and every event. I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete