Thursday, November 18, 2010

Grounded...




I am officially grounded. Yep. that's right! My only mode of transportation will be by car, boat, foot or local public transit for the nest month. No more airplanes, long flights or delayed travels! As of yesterday, I took my last flight for a month! (and it was a smooth one!). My only travels will be in my hood (slang for neighborhood and in this case the entire Pacific Northwest, including Canada). And I am delighted!


By now you know, I am a frequent flyer. I know the tricks, the tips, and the chaos that can ensue when flying. It is a luxury to be able to get 4000 miles in only 5 hours. I would not be interested in driving 44 hours again. No thank you.


That said, I am delighted to have my feet on the ground and be able to really explore for a little bit. My bro and his better half (two of the favorites, of course!) will arrive in just two days for a Thanksgiving vacation. We have plans to head to the Great White North (or Canada), and then adventure around Seattle. The weather may have something to say about that and we may need to adjust our plans. (Alex and Jenny have a tendency to bring terrible weather wherever they go-- snow in Scottsdale, AZ. Really there is nothing more to say than that.) Regardless, we are sure to have some great adventures by foot, car, or boat! Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment