Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random thoughts in an airport terminal

On Sunday when I departed for Phoenix, I had more travel drama. (I didn't post about this, but it took me 15 hours and a unexpected stop in Billings, MT before I got home from Atlanta last week. ugh). So, after that travel debacle, I assumed I was done for a bit. Yep- so not true! My scheduled flight from SEA to PHX was delayed due to mechanical issues and then ultimately cancelled. The good news, I am an Elite traveler so was able to be booked onto another airline for a simialr arrival time (gold star bonus!). The non-Elite travelers were stuck (I did feel bad for them).
Anyway, regardless of my re-book, I was at the gate for about 3 hours. In that time, I was situated in front of the TSA screening area. Amazing People-watching! As I sat there, I took some notes about the random thoughts that went through my head and decided to share with you (don't you feel lucky?).
So here we go...
  • High heels don't make sweat pants fancy.
  • Guys in tank tops are not okay. I don't want to see your armpit hair in an airport terminal! (and PS- it's 80 in Phoenix, not 112. You can survive in a tee shirt!)
  • Socks and sandals are not okay! I have come to understand this is some kind of Pacific-Northwest thing, but flip-flops and tube socks ARE never okay. (same as tube socks and pumps! Maybe we should just say tube socks with anything other than an athletic shoe are not okay. Perhaps we make this law? I'm just saying...)
  • Is Sunday the new Monday in travel world? There are sooooooooo many people here!
  • Are fanny packs making a comeback? Did I somehow miss that memo? Let's be honest as easy- access as they may be, they are just not cute.
  • I love when parents have clearly let their child dress themselves- rainbow tights, polka-dot skirt, flowered shirt, and a ladybug raincoat to top it all off. Oh and a tiara! I'd like to think if I were ever a parent I would be cool enough to let my kid be who they are and allow them to dress fantastically foolish!
  • Skinny jeans are really not for everyone--yikes!

And those were my random thoughts while watching people through security. Use your imagination and I am sure you will laugh out loud when you picture these things in your head.
Happy trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment