Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Voice

Following my vacation I have been catching up with my DVR shows. The best one is the Voice. I don't usually like shows like that, but this one is just super fun. And I decided that I really want to be friends with Blake and Adam (their sarcastic banter is awesome!).


As I was catching up with the last 3 episodes, I started to think about talents and passion. These people just know that they are meant to be singers.

I began to wonder if it is specific to singers (musicians) or what. My singer friend (we'll call her songbird) has frequently said the same thing-- she just knows no matter what else life brings her way, that she is meant to be a singer. Songbird had a rough year this past year, but has come out and pursued her dream. I am so proud of her for finding her way and making a career out of her passion.

And there's the friends I have that say they just know they were always meant to be mothers.


This passion and confidence about what they know they are meant to be is envy-worthy to me. It's pretty cool to see someone become exactly what they were meant to- whether it's being a singer, a mom, a teacher, or a technician.

I don't know anything about what I am meant to do. I like what I do, but I don't know that it is a passion. I am confident that it makes me happy (most of the time) but it definately doesn't complete me as a person, like someone whose passion is their job. Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment