Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Traditions



Today I hosted my local co-workers for a little holiday brunch and chat. I thought it might nicer than going to a restaurant. Plus, I wanted to share my cozy, fun, Christmas-kind of threw-up decorations (especially since I barely had anything out last year).


Not too big of a deal, since there are only 5 of us total. We could easily fit inside my shoebox of a house and enjoy eachother's company.


When deciding what to make, my brain immediately went to our family favorites. I made the things my mom has made for years for our Christmas Eve celebration (before going to Midnight Mass). I start to feel full just thinking about it....yum!


I knew it took some time and some planning, but really didn't think much of it. My whole life, I was always a helper, not the cook. I have a whole new respect for my mom, my grandmas and aunts for all their time spent stirring, spooning, rolling, and crafting. I always appreciated their efforts, but now I do even more. But traditions call for all that. Tradition (in my world) doesn't come from a box. It comes from taking the time to make things from scratch, from planning ahead, and from the joy of being surrounded by those you love.


We had a lovely brunch. And it all tasted good, if I do say so myself.


But dang was I ready to put my feet up!



Big hugs and thanks to my mom, my grandmas, and my aunts for your years of delicious indulgence. My waistline shows the love. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment