Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Alternate Plans

This Christmas my family has decided to celebrate over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend instead of over the actual weeks of Christmas or New Year's. The decision was made because the dude and dudette are on a European adventure (jealous.) and when we started to talk about "the holidays" I was just traveled out. I was tired and didn't want to think about being on an airplane anytime soon.
So we made a plan. Mom was fine. Papa was fine. The dude and dudette were on board. And then some plans changed, in classic fashion.
My cousin and the little girls were making a trip to michigan for two full weeks. And they had no set plans for the second week of their visit. (wheels turning....). I used some of my many frequent flyer miles and found a way to come and spend some time with them.
I fly on Chirstmas Day (don't even get me started on the stupid travelers... yes, they need your ID to get through security. No, that is not new. Not even remotely.)
I got to Detroit at 8pm and was picked up by one of Santa's elves disguised as my papa. I enjoyed some amazing leftovers and just sat by the fire.
Ahhhh.....home.
The cuz and I had planned for Tuesday & Wednesday for a visit. My uncle and parents tagged onto the plan and we all landed in GR around lunchtime.
The little ladies got there. Yay.
We opened some presents.
Aunt Mugsie arrived.
Aunt Po arrived a bit later.
We chatted, we played games, and enjoyed time together. It was such a lovely day.
Wednesday was going to be busy with other visits and more munchkins.
Unplanned, my other cousins came by with their little ones.
We ended up spending the entire day togehter. It reminded me of Christmas's from the past. Where we'd just be there together. No plans. No agendas. Just us.
I met the new baby (cute, cute).
I caught up with my cousins.
I got to know the other little girls a little better.
We watched the new cousins play games and giggle (just like we used to be).
It was an unexpected treat in the middle of an unplanned visit.
And I still get to celebrate with my family in a few weeks.
The holidays are extended for me this year and I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment