Sunday, April 22, 2012

Schoolyard hijinks!

Big meanie.
That is what I am calling Seattle weather these days. A big fat meanie. I am sure I could think of lots of other things, but that seems most appropriate.
It has been literally gorgeous outside for 3 weekends in a row (and most days in between). Honestly, I am starting to think it might be Seattle's way of saying, "nah, nah, nah, nah!".
It's not making me question my decision to move, but it's definitely not helping my cause. Saying goodbye to the scenery and mountains is going to be TOUGH.
And this nice weather is NOT helping. At all!
According to the local weather station, we (Seattle) have not had three weekends of weather this nice since the 1940s. Are you kidding me???
Honestly I really do love it.
I have enjoyed every minute of it that I can, but come on!
This loveliness just makes it that much harder to depart. 

Yesterday, I had some work commitments north of the city and had a spectacular view of Mt Rainier. Seriously, breath-taking. I was driving along (taking the scenic route, like a true Schulte) and there it was. In all its glory---Mt. Rainier. Large, beautiful and perfect.
Big meanie!


No comments:

Post a Comment