Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Birthdays, friends, and joy.

This week I took an impromptu rewards travel (read:free) trip to my beloved Seattle.
I planned it out two weeks out with some pals and made it happen. And I realize once again how lucky I am to work where I work. Not only do I have great co-workers/friends, but I am also able to take my work with me. Though if I'm being honest, I have to use some vacation days STAT!
So off to Seattle I went. Headed to my happy place. To spend time with some of my favorite people. Exploring some of my favorite places. Yay!
As the plane was descending into Seattle and I looked out the window, tears sprang to my eyes. After 8 months, I had forgotten how beautiful it is. I had missed the water and mountains and greenery more than I knew. So in true Chris Schulte fashion, I teared up. On a plane.
Em picked me up and there I was just working from her house, like nothing had ever changed. Sam and Craig were floating around, which was awesome. So many of my fav people in one house! Amazing!

Playing Hoot Owl Hoot! Best game ever!

 
Friday was date day with my favorite Seattle little lady before she went to spend her birthday weekend at her dad's.

Playing My Little Pony adventures.

 That meant her mama and I had a big girls weekend to play.
The rest of the weekend I went with Aubs and spent some time at Pike's Place Market, downtown Seattle having a girl's fancy dinner and mini-bar crawl. Sunday was time in my old neighborhood- enjoying Simply Desserts, the Fremont Market, and just the vibe. I lived in such a  great neighborhood! And there is so much I miss.
Cocktial time @ Wild Ginger

Mardi Gras parade @ Th Fremont Market.

Simply Desserts cake! Yummy!

Monday was Em's birthday. And as a mama with a munchkin with a birthday in proximity to hers, her birthday sort of falls off the radar, but we made sure to not let that happen this year! Kaisa, too! (she and I went mama present shopping on Friday during our date day, it was all her idea!). We started the day with yummy pastries and good coffee. And after some pushing Em decided what she wanted for a birthday dinner-- Quiche Lorraine. And due to the change fothcoming in my diet (no suger, etc), I decided that although we were sweeted out (from the weekend of celebrating), I needed to make these--

Peanut butter oreo blondie brownies- courtesy og pinchofyum.com

AMAZING!!

Other pals were able to join the birthday celebration.
Although not for my birthday, it was such a treat to spend the evening with good friends, good food and laughter.
I sometimes forget how lucky I am to have so many great people in my life. Near or far - I am surrounded by good friends, who are really more family than just friends.

Little Ballerinas

Another round of Hoot Owl Hoot!

Dessert time.

Laughing about Face Juggler. Hysterical!


Links to the incredible meal--
Quiche- http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chef-Johns-Quiche-Lorraine/Detail.aspx
Brownies- http://pinchofyum.com/peanut-butter-oreo-blondies#comment-18828

No comments:

Post a Comment