Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hibernation Station

Apparently like everyone else in the world, I do not make resolutions at the New year. I did for a bit but discovered it never really worked. The change of a calendar date does not motivate me in the same ways that it seems to motivate others. That said, I make resolutions/changes throughout the year based on my need to change something at any given time.
In December, I had had it with my pants being snug and decided the WW program I had done was not working and I needed to make an adjustment, probably to move more. It went well for about two weeks. And then the holidays arrived and I started to travel.
Whoosh! (That's the sound of my significant motivation flying out the window. And my $50/month!)
I am limited due to the joint situation and the trainer I had wasn't really meeting my needs, so  very qucikly I was bored with the treadmill. When I got started again in january, I really lost my excitement at the gym. Plus the flood of all those resolution people was rather annoying. So, I opted to look into some pool programs. DC has an especially awesome Aquatics program that I found out is extremely cheap! I found an Aqua Zumba class and promptly registered. I have been twice now. It's fun and definately a good workout. And I'm glad I did it.

Since the class isn't everyday and I am not 100% sure about the gym, I try to supplement with some walks. I love the crisp fresh air, especially after sitting at a desk all day. It's just so nice! Today I woke up very early for me and had no real reason to be at my desk before 8:30, so decided to bundle up and head out for a brisk walk to kick start the day. It was pleasant for the first 3/4 of a mile, but lo and behold, as soon as I was at the farthest point from my house, it started to sprinkle. Not too terrible, but I needed to walk a little more quickly. Then the sky opened up and I swear, chunky rain started to pelt me! If I had the ability to run, I would have sprinted home. It was awful! I felt like I was being stung. By the time I got home, my eyelashes, eyebrows and any exposed hair from under my hat were completed covered in iceicles. Not cool.
I spent the rest of the day warming up. In fact, I still have on 3 shirts and a hoodie!
So the very LAST place I want to be tonight is in a pool with water. The class itself won't be bad, but I cannot stand the thought of being shivery cold again today. I just can't do it. Blue limbs once a day is good enough for me.
So, here I am publically outing myself and not going to work out. I'm not eating sugar or flour these days---does that help make it better? I'm going to tell myself today that it does and hibernate until tomorrow morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment