Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No sugar? No flour?

Um, yes. That's right.
No more refined sugar. No more flour. Sigh.
That is the latest plan to find a solution to the mystery that is me and my disease. One more doctor  takes the list up to 8 professionals who have used this phrase or similar to describe me. A mystery. Sigh. As I have said before, I understand it but it is very annoying. I mean, I get it. I don't fit into any mold. I don't fit into the box. But to be told by a professional (or many in this case) that I am a mystery is just disheartening. The glimmers of hope kind of disappear for a brief moment and clouds of doubt creep in-- will this ever go away? Am I going to end up in a wheel chair? Will anyone ever figure this out?!! Blah!

So, the latest step in my healthcare regime was to establish care with an acupuncturist in DC. I have found amazing success in the past getting acupuncture along with the western methods. I enjoy a happy medium of two ways of thinking. I think it means I get the best of both worlds. As with any new doctor and establishing care, I have to go through an entire list of things I've tried, times I feel good/bad/indifferent. The only consistent thing in my case is the inconsistency. Nothing seems to have a rhyme or reason. And since I have tried eliminating items from my diet before without much success, we ended up here. Where I was really hoping to not ever be. No sugar. No flour.
The sweet treat, bread-lover in me is so sad. If I could live on sweets and bread, I would. I LOVE them! Not to say that I don't like veggies or fruit because I really do. A lot actually. But to remove treats and bread is rough.

No more pizza. No more sweets. No Treats. Double sigh.
Adidos...









Tonight, I will clean out the cupboards and toss out the things that are open and might be tempting. Other items will be put into a bag to take the favorite family.
And I will order pizza for dinner and have a cupcake for dessert.
I guess my time as a chubby bunny will hopefully come to an end.
And I can discover some new recipes...
Silver linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment