Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Schulte Days

(should have been posted 2/26...computer issues apparently)

This weekend I was able to spend a quiet weekend with my family. It started as a trip to attend the annual Schulte Days extravaganza that the Dude and Dudette host annually. That party ended up getting cancelled due to plague-like flu situations. I stayed with the plan for a few reasons, and believe me it WAS SO WORTH IT!
I enjoyed some quality one-on-one time with each of them. That never happens. Usually we're all together, when we're together (which is fun) but it was so nice to have time with each one of them and just really talk.
Mom and I had a "spa" day and got all girlie. So nice and just a good treat. Then I introduced her to the wedding shows on TLC. Watching them with her was super funny. She was so appauled and that just cracked me up.
Saturday we celebrated my birthday a few weeks early with a trip to the Western wear store, to get me some cowboy boots (like the rest of my family) and then went out for a yummy dinner.
I ended up spending the night at the dude and dudette's. And just hung out and chatted. Sunday morning we woke up and the dude made a yummy breakfast, then we finallygot our game on. (You should know we LOVE games...Jen does not so much, so when A and I are together we always play a game!). Then Jen and I went and spent a whole bunch of money at the outlet mall (we are REALLY good at that together!).
Then I headed back home and mom and papa made me a super yummy no sugar, no flour dinner, including dessert! My mom is a genius and found an incredible dessert recipe with no sugar.
And Monday, it was a work day for me and hang out with the retired guy. We enjoyed a two hour car adventure and relived our cross country adventures from last summer.
It was a great weekend with my family and such an unexpected one.
I am a lucky lady!
A photo from Chrstmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment