Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Without my crack...

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I was entertained by the show Downton Abbey. Nope that's not a spelling error. It is, in fact, spelled and pronounced Downton.
Well, while the show kept me busy and entertained during my infusions, it has now turned into a full blown obsession! Seriously, I may have a problem.
When I returned from Seattle, I went to Best Buy and bought the things to connect the computer to the TV with the intention of a proper marathon! Life is busy and TV obviously took a second seat, thus it took me a few weeks before I actually got it all set.
This last week was so gray and gloomy (and cold!), I finally got it together and set up the TV/computer with the Hulu link and sat down for a proper marathon. I got through a few episodes and it was time for bed before I knew it. Between my treatments and Sunday night I got through all of season 1.
To say I enjoyed the show is an understatement. I LOVE this show!
I literally couldn't wait for the work day to come to an end yesterday so I could turn it back on! I was desperate to see if Lady Mary and Matthew would end up seeing that they love each other. And wanted to see if Sybil ended up with the driver. I mean, would Granny handle it all or would she poo-poo it all?! And will Thomas and Miss O'Brien ever get their due (ugh, I despise them!).

Before my trip to Seattle (and the introduction to my crack), I had zero interest or care in such things. In fact, if someone would have referred to Ladyship or Lords, I would have thought of the Khloe Kardashian's boyfriend (Lord Disick), which might be worse if I really think about it. But now. Well, now I have this ridiculous desire to watch this show until I get to the very end. It sort of reminds me of those nights when you are reading such a good book and just can't seem to put it down. That is how I feel about this show. I can see you rolling your eyes. But don't judge until you watch! I realize it's ridiculous, but I love it.
Today I got to the end of season 2. And again, I find myself wanting for more.
But I can't seem to find it available to view. And it's making me crazy!
I may actually break down and buy the damn season....seriously.
This is my crack. And I feel a bit crazy. I am generally not an obsessive person. Or a huge fan of soap operas. but I just love it and can't seem to get enough. I also know many others just like me.
I also found out there is a season 4. My TiVo is set and will record it when the time comes.
Between now and then, I will continue my search to fill my need for the crack and catch up through the end of season 3.
So you'll have to excuse me if I start to wear hats and proper attire when invited to dinner.
And perhaps forgive me for referring to people by proper names. There is something so delightful about it all. The proper attire, the titles, the courtships---I just love it.
I am waiting with bated breath to see where it goes from here!

Ps-- if you know of where I can obtain Season 3--shoot me a note! I'd owe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment