Friday, September 2, 2011

Brace Face for Life!

(should have been posted on 8/29)

Okay, okay. So maybe the title of this email is an exaggeration and a bit dramatic, but that's exavctly how it feels. And if I am in 7th grade then I'm going to act like it (just a little) and be dramatic and whine.
I went to the orthodontist today with the hopes that this would be it. The last official appointment before the braces come off. Wrong. Again.

His stated- "end of summer" prediction was off. Way off, in fact. In no calendar or mind that I am aware is October the "end of summer". In fact, I am quite sure that is actually full blown fall. In my world that is when leaves are "on fire" in the midwest and new england, when the temps finally fall below 98 in Phoenix, and when I can't keep windows open all the time in Seattle. It's fall. Not summer.

And for me this year, October is the start to a new school year. My first day of school since I was in college. In fact, it is edging on almost 8 years since I have had a first day of class (whoa!). And I really didn't want to start the first day of school with braces. Dang!

He promises that I will be brace-free before my first day of school, but I am not going to hold my breath. I think I'd suffocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment