Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sneaky Pete!



My Seattle 3-Day event occured last weekend. Overall it was a good event. There were a few things that could have gone better (always). 1- the weather could have better (less rain) and the sprinklers could have stayed off. But as I said, overall it was good.


When creating the route, there were a few moments of "angels singing" as I discovered Mt Rainier in the distance. It was the pefect background to an already great route. But, as anyone here knows, Mt. Rainier is (what I term) a saucy bitch that appears when it feels like it. Not when you want to see it. And this week was no exeption. The mountain appeared Mon- Fri and was spectatcular! Of course.


Even though it was hiding through most of the event, I LOVE that mountain. It still takes my breath away whenever it seems to pop out as if out of nowhere! How a 14,000 ft. mountain can appear as if out of nowhere is still a delightful mystery to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment