Monday, September 26, 2011

Love is a Subaru

My job requires lots of travel and with it, lots of car rentals. Over the years, I have had many, many random car rental experiences--many of which I would care to avoid. Some humorous (remember the Jetta), and some just annoying- like the scorching roof of the Wrangler, and some just plain unsafe- like the recent car breakdown during rush hour.



The sizes of the cars vary as much as the stories.

I have enjoyed some of the cars and have wanted to ditch some of them as fast as I get in them.


Today, I picked up a Subaru. Love.

You need to know I have wanted to own a Subaru Outback for many years. In fact, I purchased my Vibe because it was close to being a Subaru and it came with a good story and super fun delivery guy! I heart my car. It's compact, but four doors so adults can ride in comfort. The silver color was perfect for the hot desert sun.


Then I moved to the Pacific Northwest. There are mountains here. And last year, I got stuck due to a lack of a 4X4 car. Sad. My desire for a Subaru began again.


My car is still perfectly good. I have no desire to have a car payment for additional years, so I have no intentions of buying a new car.


But for this week, I will enjoy the ride.


Love is a Subaru (right?).

No comments:

Post a Comment