Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The humor is not lost on me...



As a teenager and young pre-adult (college age), I thought owning a Volkswagon Jetta would be the end-all, be all. If that ever happened, it would mean I had arrived! While I still think the Jetta is a cool car, it is no longer the end-all, be-all. (Frankly, I am not sure what would be...so not a thought on my radar. There are way more important things to focus on in life than the car I drive.) Anyway, in the process of determining the total amount my mouth would cost me, I saw an ad for the new "affordable" Jetta.


My mouth was the exact same cost.... Of a brand new Jetta.

The thought both amused and sickened me.

I mean I guess I do have a "grill"*, but the fact remains my mouth is the cost of a new car. Whoa.

I casually forget this fact on a regular basis, but today in my ever-humorous world, I exchanged my broken rental vehicle for none other than a brand new Jetta!

Hours later, as I see the shiny vehicle out the coffee-shop window, I crack a smile to show the Jetta my "jetta".

Funny, Universe. Just funny!




*(Ok- maybe I am tired or slightly over-caffinated, but while I think that was funny, it was admittedly a lame joke.)

No comments:

Post a Comment