Monday, April 18, 2011

Mighty Morphin Indeed


I have completely fallen off the radar this week due to an intense work trip plan.

I spent three days in the car with my Manager and our client. No matter how enjoyable they each are (and they really can be!), that is just a lot of time in the car- driving, observing, brainstorming. It's A LOT. My brain becomes mush by the end--I stop talking and tend to zone out. Not the best default mode...

Luckily, I was able to comabt all the work with some fun time with good friends. I started the weekend with the most random Sleep-In Saturday ever (hotel SIS are just not the same), then met a good friend for a yummy lunch and a random Saturday of fun-- pedicures and pampering included! Our randomness took us to a softball tournament. It was a warm day, so time in the sun was just perfect. As we sat watching the littest batters come up to bat, THWACK!

I got hit in the face (jaw actually) with a Mighty Morphin power ranger. No joke. Some non-kid friendly words came out of my mouth (due to the shock). The tiniest little boy that hit me looked terrified (it was an accident). My friends were so sweet and VERY worried since it did hit my newly minted jaw. But aside from the scare (and the impending bruise), all was fine. My jaw was NOT hurt--it still works as it did before. A little victory.

Although it hurt and is slightly tender to the touch, it was just a normal injury. Could have happened to anyone. And that makes me happy! Two month later, I am relatively healed. I mean there is still some jaw exercising left to do- it's still a little stiff and sore, but it gets better day after day. And now I know I really can get back to contact sports--even if it's with plastic toys thrown at warp speed.

2 comments:

  1. phew that it was only a tiny plastic toy! i thought since you were at a softball game you got hit with a softball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all thought I was hit by a softball!
    But that stupid toy left a serious brusie (continues to appear) and a nice little lump on the side of my face.

    ReplyDelete