Sunday, April 24, 2011

King-sized



Have you ever laid in a Kind-sized bed and just felt small?



This week I stayed in a hotel and they actually gave me the kind-sized bed (normally it's two full size-- one for me, one for my stuff!). During my 10 nights in the world of king-sized sleeping, I took on some new sleeping habits--horizontal sleeping, diagnal sleeping (fav!) and any which way I felt.



Last night when I laid down in my own lovely bed, my feelings were not of instant relaxtion and happiness but rather wondering when I got to be so huge. I am not a huge person- 5'2" will never be considered tall, but as people I have shared a bed with can contest I sometimes take up more space than a 5'2" person should take. After a week spent king-sized I feel exceptionally huge sleeping in my lowly full-sized bed. I have been king-sized.



My lowly full-sized bed feels very, very small for me now. I know I will become accustomed to it again, but momentarily I kind of crave that gigantic space again. (Not that I could even fit a king-sized bed into my current bedroom anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment