Monday, June 13, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow..



For some reason- thinking about Dreams coming true makes me hum, "Somewhere over the raindbow". It;s one line- And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.".



Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high,

There's a land that I heard of Once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Skies are blue,

And the dreams that you dare to dream

Really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star

And wake up where the clouds are far Behind me.

Where troubles melt like lemon drops

Away above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow

Bluebirds fly.

Birds fly over the rainbow.Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly Beyond the rainbow

Why, oh why can't I?




I love that song. It's right up there with, "A few of my favorite things." And this one I vividly remember singing with my dad in the kitchen....random, but very happy.



Anyway, I am sure you are wondering why I am bringing up dreams. Not dreams you have while sleeping, but the kind that you think when you are alone with your thoughts. Well, in the recent few weeks I have been able to witness some friends dreams come true. It has been beyond awesome to be able to take part in or witness these magical moments.



While in Alaska, I played on a zipline (a favorite activity). That zipline was the dream of two friends. They worked hard, sacrificed a lot, and now they made it happen. And it is amazing! They have a staff of incredible people who takecare of things, while they can enjoy time with their new baby girl and don't need to sweat the small stuff. While zipping, I was overwhelmed with a sense of pride that I knew them! That this was theirs and it was a HUGE success. My heart swelled with pride when another participant shared high praises. I was so proud of them! And so happy to be part of their success, even if it was just to play! :)



The second dream come true was for songbird. She has dreamed of being a musician (er a rockstar) since she was a little girl. When we first met, she joked that when she was rich and famous, I would be her PR person. Well, years have passed and I am no longer in that realm of a career, but she is still pursuing her dream of musical success. On Friday night, her dreams came true. She (along with her band) sang to a crowd of over 300. It was their CD release and it was a huge success! During her last song, I couldn't help but choke up when witnessing her incredible success. It wasn't an easy path and definately doens't end there, but this was huge. She was wonderful. The crowd was clearly in awe during the last song, (the one that made me well up.) Even days later, I still get a little teary thinking about seeing her up there. Her dreams came true! And I was lucky enough to witness it.



I was part of neither dream's success or frutition, but it sure has been awesome to be a witness to both. I am so proud of my people for making it happen in their own ways and in their own time.



Somewhere over the rainbow...dreams really do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment