Thursday, November 1, 2012

Time suck.

It's November 1. The day after Halloween. We still have four weeks until Thanksgiving. And today at the Target store they had all their holiday stuff out and were placing things strategically. I heard someone say Thanksgiving is the redheaded stepchild of holidays (sorry redheads!). But it's true.
Thanksgiving is the forgotten holiday. Well at least in the realm of retail world. To be honest it sort of annoys me. Historically, I am just finishing up my series of fall events and I am immediately thrust into the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. And I feel like this year, it was worse than any other. I have seen sporadic ads here and there for the holiday season. (Though it's a nice break from all the political ads really.) But I still find it annoying. And I know that a few people in my family are very excited for the Christmas music season to begin (usually today).
I am just taking down the Halloween decor and getting ready for Thanksgiving stuff. I have a few turkeys and of course pumpkins. With a slew of visitors coming my way, I feel the need to be extra festive.Not that any of the guests really care one way or the other, but I like it and find it super fun to share in that spirit. More than anything, I am not ready to be Christmas festive, I'm still enjoying fall.
I put my Christmas stuff up before St. Nicholas Day (Dec 6) and it stays up through the New Year. And while I love doing anything in the glow of Christmas lights, all those decorations get a little old so a month is plenty long enough, I say!
All that said, when I got home from my meetings and Target run, I sat back at my desk (not quite finding motivation again to hit the to-do list), so I checked in on some of my fav blogs. And I came across a post about A Colorful Christmas on Oh Joy. At first, my thought was "Really?!" I mean it's November 1. But then out of boredom (or lack of real motivation to tackle a vendor list), I followed her links to the Colorful Christmas ideas....
Love.
My annoyance went completely out the window. And now my thoughts have moved past Thanksgiving into the Christmas holiday season. Poor Thanksgiving, really. 
But I mean how dreamy is this?

And how adorable is this?

It's very hard not to start dreaming of Christmas things when the above is discussed. Seriously, love.

Now if only I had a million dollars to buy all that cutey stuff!
First things first, I need to get a tree...

Really, it's a good thing I refuse to do any Christmas stuff before the day after Thanksgiving. I can look for sales and think about how to make some of the things...
I have some seriously fun holiday stuff already, but using the above for inspiration I may get a little crafty and creative.
Now, where is that craft box?

No comments:

Post a Comment