Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Yesterday was Halloween. And I now officially live near the "first family of Halloween" (per my Aunt Mugs!). Since the start of October I have had plans to accompany E and the girl's to Cs school costume parade. The hurricane added some bonus time for visits this week, but we still forged ahead with plans as scheduled.
As requested (by C), I dressed up as a "scary witch". I wasn't really scary, but she likes to add a little spice to the mix! (Though I did tell a rather scary story that resulted in C sobbing and not looking at me for 30 minutes...whoops! Know your audience...right?! She's 4.) Anyway, so I bought a fun witch headband (and a hat), some fun dark makeup, and fake eyelashes ( I do love them and would wear them everyday like Oprah if I had a makeup artist). I busted out a long (cozy) black jacket, leggings, and very elaborate earrings. I showed up and C kept staring at me wanting to know why my lips were black and how I did that to my eyes. (Makeup through the eyes of a 4 year old is kind of fun.). So we put a little (and I mean, a little) on her so she could give witchy kisses too! She was a candy-corn witch afterall!
Once Mags was up, we got our costumes totally together and headed to school!
The princess

The candy corn witch

Having fun in C's classroom!
After a fun afternoon playing at C's school with her friends and teachers, we went back home to play (and rest a little) before the big night of trick-or-treating!

(I didn't get any pics of the adorable whole family, but believe me they were cute!)
Mags decided just a tutu was fine--no need for a tiara when you're already a princess, I guess. ;) E was a Momma candycorn, Lou-lou was a bumble bee, Sam was a baby bee, and C was of course a super cutey Candycorn Witch again.
The first house!

They live in a great neighborhood filled with nice families (and good pals now), so everyone headed out. It actually reminded me of the neighborhood I grew up in. So great! 
After 20 minutes or so, the first of the trick-or-treaters returned. Sam needed dinner and Mags was plum tired (and really freaked out by those darn costumes!). As any good trick-or-treater does, she dumped the bucket of candy and surveyed the goods, promptly selecting a good treat!


From there, Lou-lou and I played a fun game of hide Mags from the trick-or-treaters! Every time one arrived she melted down a little more (poor thing!). Finally, it was just time for bed.
The mighty trick-or-treaters returned with a whole basket of delicious goodies and C started to pass out candy. Now, being the super organized girlie she is, she had a whole system. :) And loved the passing out of candy as much as (or maybe more than) getting candy herself. She anxiously awaited by the front door for the kids to arrive...priceless.


It was a great Halloween! And yet another super fun day with my favorite little family. I was so excited to be part of the fun!
Hope everyone had more treats than tricks this Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment