Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I heart technology.

In the midst of this storm and people knowing (and loving) people on all sides of the world, I have realized the magic of social media and technology. Event without power, people with charged smart phones could still get the news, tweet messages to friends, post pictures of their experience to facebook and generally stay connected. Amazing.
I am not always sure that these outlets are beneficial (I like human interaction), but then something like this comes along and I am again reminded how amazing it is to have access to such technology.

In other news, I have made the realization just how great is for staying connected in a general way with people. Even for those folks that I don't talk with regularly, they (and I) have access to facebook and thus whatever is posted there. It's so fun to see pics of their kids, travels, etc. I just had an interaction with a co-worker today and we toally chatted about the FB pictures and ended up having the best conversation. Would that conversation have happened without the FB trigger? Probably not as immediately. FB took away some of that shielding and opned us up to things more intimate (pictures of life, etc). It was awesome. And what a fun way to start the day!

So, while some days I curse technology (and the troubles that accompany the triumphs of it), today I say- Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment