Monday, October 24, 2011

Dr. Funk

This past week I was in Phoenix for some last minute event work and details. Things like parades and presidential visits really impact my event and event plans, so I sometimes need to revert to Plan G (progressing from Plan A). Throughout this year of planning three detailed events on my own (not overseeing, but being responsible for the whole kit and caboodle), I have learned to really roll with the punches and take things one day at a time. In the past I would be stressed to the max because pieces were out of place. (I am a little anal when it comes to the planning and details of my events.) This year, with so much on my plate, I have learned to not stress quite as much. To come to the table prepared but with the knowledge that things will definately not be the way I want them to be. Sometimes those changes are good, other times, they are just frustrating.


Along with the ability to be less stressed, I am including real life into my world. Making time for myself and to spend time with people I love and laugh with has been a huge help to keeping my stress level lower than anticipated. The event will happen and the groundwork I have done will ensure that even Plan G will be just fine. Walkers will enjoy themselves, sponsors will get what they need and my co-workers won't have too difficult of a time with the detials.


This past week I worked hard and negotiated and mapped things out, and ended up frustrated. In the midst of the crazy, I had some fun with a few favorites (old favorites). I didn't put the message out to many that I was in town because I knew I would have lots of work to be done and more than an hour for dinner was not an option. But on Friday night, I met some good friends for a breather. I couldn't take the word no anymore...it was getting heartbreaking. And schools and businesses aren't open after 6pm. There was not a whole lot of urgent work that could be done. So, I met friends at a new place. We were celebrating a belated birthday, a completed event season (not for me...) and the freedom from braces. We all got an adult beverage. I opted for a fun, fruity drink called Dr. Funk. It seemed fitting since I was in a bit of a funk. This is what the beverage was served in---


BEST GLASS EVER!


I mean, for real. How super fun and HILARIOUS is that guy? Instantly, the day improved. Laughter came more easily and I relaxed. The good pals I was dining with were definately part of that change in perspective, but Dr. Funk definately played a role!


Dr. Funk came home with me and housed my morning coffee. It was a dreary, rainy, and dark morning today but not in my house. I had a mug with a foo-man chu! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment