Thursday, October 27, 2011

It wasn't a Halloween spider...

Do you remember that Bare Naked Ladies song that had a line-- "There's a spider in the room?". If not, that's reasonable. It was a song far into the album and definately not one of the popular songs. Anyway-- last night that line became, "There's a spider in my bed..."
Seriously.
I went to move a pillow so I could snuggle in under the covers and there is was- a giant eat-your-face spider right in the middle of my mattress. I am not ashamed to say that I screamed.
Then ran into the kitchen and grabbed a paper towel, squished that spider and promptly had to change my sheets. And those spider sheets could not stay in my room. No way, Jose! I had to go outside to the laundry and stuff them into the washer for prompt washing in the morning.
And of course, as I walked into the laundry area, I walked into a spider web! It was dark and I had on a dark sweatshirt, so I have no idea if the spider landed on me or what. shivers...
At that point, I started to strip and threw the clothes in the same wash and ran inside to wash off any potential spiders. Blech! I really, really hope no one was watching!
I have now learned that I must actually make my bed each and everyday. At least if the bed is made, the spiders will not be on my sheets.
Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment