Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Egg-head



Yesterday, I started my class.

I got to campus a bit early, paid my parking fee (I really am a grown-up), grabbed a Pumpkin Spice Latte and walked through campus to find my classroom. I felt like I was back on campus at MSU. Am I really doing this again?

As I sat in the class, my mind wandered a bit, thinking about what this new experience could bring. There were a mix of people in the class. Interesting and diverse. Already, there is a guy who I know will drive me nuts. There's always one, right?

But, mostly I just got excited at the idea of learning.

I am a nerd. Always have been. Likely always will be.

In 6th grade, my friends and I would have sleepovers and read. My mom has called me her little egg-head for years.

And I like it.

I like that I am curious.

I like to be challenged and expand my brain. Yes, sometimes it hurts to try to think in a different manner, but in the end it's always a good thing.

And I felt like this class will provide that brain stretch that I have missed in the last couple years. I have been in the same job for 6 years. The position has opportunities to present challenges--some good ones, some not so good. But it's been awhile since I have really learned anything new. I'm an old dog and need to learn some new tricks.

I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment