Sunday, August 26, 2012

Circa 1997.

So, this weekend I lived life circa 1997.
I left my phone in Maryland.
And was without access to phone calls, text messages, and instant facebook from Thursday afternoon through right this minute.
In part, it was awesome.
In part, it was terrible.
I missed being able to text a funny note or birthday message. I miss taking pictures (cause it was a weekend filled with fun times and good people).
I enjoyed being really off on my day off from work.
I missed being able to be connected without being chained to my computer though.
I did enjoy the freedom of not being completely available all of the time.
I missed being able to look something up and find it on a map.
But I did very much enjoy being able to use my mad mapping/directional skills.

All-in-all, not so bad.
But I am very much looking forward to being reconnected with my teachnology in a little while (well once I can finally get on a plane and get back to Maryland where I left it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment