Monday, August 6, 2012

the last leg.

(from Monday, June 10)

Today was the last day of this section of the adventure. (There is more to come when I go from Michigan to DC).
This trip ended with us being welcomed by people we love.
And half-way trhough the day today, I got to visit with my old pal Gina and meet her new love-- her brand new baby Edward.
It was just another day for driving, but the break was amazing.
I have this before (I think someplace on this blog), seeing my dear friends become mothers is such a joy. I am so proud of each of them for the mothers they have become. It is a beautiful stage in life. and I hope they all know that a baby doesn't mean the friendship ends, it changes (because it must) but that doesn't mean in a bad way. I am privileged to see them share who they are with another "limb" of themselves. And I am lucky enough to witness the love in their eyes when they discuss the new baby. Or the light in the face when they start to talk about something that the baby/kiddo has started to do. It's such a beautiful thing.
Anyway, I had the joy of seeing my pal Gina as a mama. She was, as expected, as gracious and ladylike as ever. I anticipated nothing less, as she is the tru definition of the word lady (always has been, always will be). I got to hold the baby and feed him. So sweet.

It was such a great way to end cap the trip.
2800 miles.
That is the distance from Seattle, Wa to Westland, MI.
2800 miles.
That is the span of land that I newly discovered.
2800 miles.
is a lot of time to spend with your dad.
2800 miles.
is a lot of time to get to think.
2800 miles
is a lot of distance to solve the world's troubles.
2800 miles.
is a lot of time to potentially tire of someone, but I never did.
2800 miles
is a lot of miles to listen and learn from my papa.
2800 miles
is a lot of time to laugh.
2800 miles
is a lot of time to joke.
2800 miles.
What a damn good way to kick start this new adventure of my life.

I'll be in michigan for a few weeks--working and spending time with people I love. And then I will head to DC for the new chapter.
2800 miles is a long distance to try to close a chapter and start to open a new one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment