Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Places!

For the last few days, I have been in my happy place(s). One is a place I have known is a happy place for years. It's my parent's cottage. I love it there. You walk in and it's instant vacation. For real. I was able to share it with a good pal this past weekend and we had such a good time.
The dude and dudette came up. We spent time on the boat and just relaxed.
We laughed. A lot.
We only had ice cream once.
We enjoyed delisious home-cooked food.
And just enjoyed the company of eachother. It was good to have a tiny time-out after the last month or so. I have been in perpetual motion since March when I made the decision to move.
I am tired.
And am ready for another vacation--no matter how mini!

Way back in February or even before then, E asked me if I would want to join their family for a few weeks in Leland, MI (the other newly rediscovered happy place). I thought about it for a few days and checked in with managers, and was able to work out that I could work from the beach and plan some strategic play time in the middle. Well, then I changed the plan and decided to move. I was still able to work out some time, though more has been filled with work than I care for.
But, we've had fun!
Aunt Mugsie brought us fun inflatables---



I was reminded of the magic of this place. The sunsets, the smells, the petosky stones, the legends, the memories we all share here. It is a place we have all come to as children, so it holds a special place in my heart. And to share it with so many of the people I shared it with as a kid is such a gift.


And I've gotten a glimpse of what it will be like to have these delightful favorites in my everyday world. In just a few short weeks, I will be their "neighbor". (Well, really I'll be 30-45 minutes away). I am so thrilled!






No comments:

Post a Comment