Friday, January 7, 2011

I miss make-up.


Yep, it's true. I miss wearing make-up. I really never thought I would say that, but this whole pink eye thing has requried me to be sans eye makeup for over a week. (The pink eye was a Christmas gift from my family that was definately not on anyone's list!) As I said, I miss wearing it. I am not one of those girl-y girls who counted the days until my mom would allow me to wear make-up. I think I was told no in 7th grade and then was allowed in 9th grade when I had zero interest. I went to high school with soaking wet hair everyday and was all about being au natural for most of the next several years. I wore make-up sometimes but mostly not at all. It really hasn't been a daily habit until the last few years. I think it was when I discovered undereye concealer(!). Genius! I have the Schulte-bags and Lawrence dark circles, so I look tired without it now (even when I am well rested). Plus, I have discovered there is something so nice about being girly. I gladly embrace my inner girly-girl. The one who wants to try out new colors, wear false eyelashes, and might be secretly excited about glitter (and/or sparkles.) I don't wear make-up for other people, I wear it for me. It makes me feel a little polished and more put together. I am awaiting the day I can wear it agian. Until then tired I will look. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment