Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stalled.



For the moment, my adventures are stalled. The cold, flu, funk that EVERYONE I encountered had over the holidays has finally caught me. (Sigh.) I haven't had aches due to a cold in forever! It could be a good thing--something normal. But being sick in general sucks. I mean who am kidding. Humans shouldn't wheeze when they intake a breath or feel like their heads are ten feet behind the rest of their bodies when they move. The good news, I will be on the mend soon because I went to the doctor immediately and she prescribed some good meds to kick this in the booty (and FAST!) In the meantime, I am going to continue my obsession with the following cozy items:









- Slippers (the Acorn are life-changers. Thanks to the dude and dudette, I am set!)

- My couch : A real, comfy, cozy grown-up couch. It sucks you in and I love it!
- Smartwool socks ---warm and snuggly! If you live in a cold place you definately need one pair.




- tea: thanks to the landpeople, I have an incredible assortment for any day, taste, or time.


-My Lululemon wrap sweatshirt- obsessed with since July and finally purchased over the Thanksgiving Day holiday weekend with the dudette. (She is an exceptional shopping buddy!)






- and my Great-Grandma Lawrence quilt: it's been my favorite for years. When I lived with roommates in college, we fought over who got to cuddle under it when we watched tv. I think I've had it since I was 5. It's still together and looks nice and keeps me cozy warm.

Here's to a speedy recovery and adventures again very soon. This is not the way to welcome in a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment