Monday, January 30, 2012

the brown tooth

I will forewarn you that this post is not a story, but more of a rant! I apologize in advance, but I did warn you.

Ugh.
So almost a year later and I am still dealing with my stupid mouth.
Two and half years ago when all of this started, I was told it would take 18months TOTAL--including recovery, etc. To my calculations 2 and 1/2 years is well over 18 months and I am annoyed.
The surgery is over, the braces are off. (for that I am grateful) I can move my mouth like a normal person (though I still think it looks a little weird, especially when I talk.) But I am still dealing with all of it. Not paying, not bills, but with a brown tooth.
Uncool.
They killed the tooth while breaking and moving my jaw. Apparently, it doesn't happen often. And of all the random things that could happen following a jaw surgery, a killed tooth is one of the best ones. (really.)
But it is still a pain.
And of course, the dead tooth is right up front. One of the big ones. And contrary to what people tell me, it IS noticable. (The dude asked within 3 minutes of saying hello.)
The process of bleaching the tooth to match the other teeth is tedious. It begins with a root canal. Mind you, I have never had a cavity, let alone a root canal. I had a root canal one month after my jaw surgery. (Last March). And the bleaching needed to wait until after my braces were off. They came off in October. And now, here we are in February (almost) and I have the first in a series of teeth bleaching appointments scheduled one year to the day after my jaw surgery.
I had hoped all would be done. Checked off the list. Chapter closed. Now it's moving into other chapters.

I mean, really, it could be worse. I know that.
But I can still be annoyed that this is not checked off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment