Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Days

As I embarked on my journey from the midwest back to Seattle, I had growing concerns about the weather in Seattle and whether or not I should get home.
I have class on Tuesdays and can only miss two classes total. I will miss two in January for work responsibilities and that is all for this semester.
As I got on the plane in Detroit, I worried that I would get stuck for days in chicago because of weather in Seattle. That was not the case. I got to Seattle with no problems. And when I landed there was sun.
I was able to get to class and home with no drama.
I did however make the choice to grab some groceries "just in case".
I woke up on Wednesday morning to 4 inches of snow on the ground! Seattle does not work in the snow. There are hills and there's only one snowplow. (okay that's an exaggeration, but they don't have many...). Wenesday was a snowday!
Then Thursday was a snowday, too. We had a massive ice storm.
Both evenings I took a walk in the snow, just to check it out and to get a little fresh air.
As I walked around the neighborhood, I relished the fact that no one else had walked around. My footprints were the only ones. My snowman was the only one in the park.
It was so peaceful.
I had forgotten how magical walking in the freshly fallen snow can be.
As annoying as being trapped could have been, I enjoyed the loveliness of the quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment