Friday, January 20, 2012

The rest of the story...

Following my last post, I thought I should give you the rest of the story (Oh, ernie Harwell...)

While sitting at LAX waiting for my newest flight to Chicago, I met another travel blogger (so random). He had read over my shoulder and inquired about the scoop. It could have been intrusive I guess, but I do the same thing. Sorry to the folks who always sit next to me on the plane, I do actually read what your working on. Thus far I am sorry to say, no one has been working on anything even remotely interesting or top secret. Sad.
Anyway, the fellow blogger shared his travel blog (which makes this one a tiny bit lame-o), and it was super funny and totally true.
After my total space out moment for the previous flight there was no one I was going very far from the gate, so I happy to have the entertainment and a little company.
The flight to Chicago was uneventful and we arrived a few minutes early. I followed the signs to the O'Hare Hilton (singin Follow the Yellow brick rd the whole way, btw) and checked in.
I was tired and ready for a bed and a shower.
I got to the room and prompty removed my yucko travl gear. Sometimes you just feel icky after a plane ride. And sadly this was one of those trips. Even sadder was the fact that all my stuff was already in GR. Hmmm....
So I took a shower and decided to wash my underwear along with me.
I decided to sleep sans clothing.
Not a big deal for many, but a little weird in a hotel room when you're all alone.
But I had decided naked at night is better than 48 hour clothing!
After getting over the fact that I was not wearing pj's, I got some rest and put yesterday's clothes back on.
Now, I am a repeat wearer of clothes on a regular basis, but I always put fresh underwear on and swipe on a little deoderant. Neither of which I could do.
More lessons I learned about myself: I can be gross, but need clean underwear and deoderant to feel okay about wearing grotty clothes.

I made my way through the frigid Chicago air and got to the terminal that morning, hoping that I wouldn't sweat and that no one else would know I was gross.

I don't think anyone did.

I made it to GR and Uncle T picked me up. To his credit he did not tease me too much (though it was very much deserved!). We met Papa and then I was headed north to celebrate Christmas in january.

No comments:

Post a Comment