Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Um, really?

Yesterday I flew from SEA to my second home in PHX.
The flight is 2.5 hours and I was flying into Terminal 2 (the best one at "America's friendliest airport"). I was flying Alaska which means a 20 minute guarantee for luggage. The car rental place is nearby and I have fast pass. All means of efficiency and I love it.
I didn't leave until 12:30 which meant a full morning at home to have breakfast, enough coffee, and finish packing.
I was stoked for a smooth travel day.
I used MN girl's suggested car service and got to the airport in a timely manner. My departure gate shared the gates with all the Alaska-bound flights. And there is nothing I love more than people who live in Alaska. I had all I could do to not hop on the wrong flight and go see all the snow. (I would have been completely unprepared for the weather, but still...)
I resisted the urge and hopped onto my flight. I have elite status so got to an exit row seat. I love that because it generally means seatmates who travel.
I was one of the last to get on the plane (normal for me as I feel there is no need to rush to wait in line to find my seat. All my things go under the seat, so I can wait). My seatmates were seated and both on the phone.
I was seated between a woman and a man. The man may have been the tallest dude ever. Seriously, even in an exit row his knees almost touched the seat in front of him. The woman semed polished and together. Seemed being the important word in that sentence.
Scene 1:
The woman was talking rather loudly and I overhead the following:
"No, mom there aren't really any."
pause
"Well, any of them that I see have wedding rings on their fingers"
pause
"Well, no big surprise. When you get to be my age all the good ones are married. It just means I have to work harder to steal them away." (said in all seriousness)
"Ok- gotta go mom."

Um, really?

Woman tried to casually engage me in conversation, but I plugged in my ipod.

Scene 2:
Woman pulls out her airplane snack. It's sushi. Smelly sushi.
She turns to me and asks if I might have soy suace with me.

Um, really??

Scene 3:
Woman pulls out her makeup bag, puts on "her face". Then proceeds to file her fingernails. And if that's not gross enough, chica gets out her floss. (I was watching and thought-- no way is she going to floss her teeth while sitting on an airplane. I wonder what she is going to do with the floss...). And then she did it.
She flossed her teeth right there on the plane while sitting next to me!!!!! (It deserves the extra punctuation.)

Um, really????

What is wrong with people?

2 comments:

  1. I would have died.
    Absolutely died.

    Or I would have asked her to open up the exit door and shoved her ass right outta than plane.

    What the what is wrong with people?!

    ReplyDelete