Tuesday, January 3, 2012

grown-ups

As posted earlier, I was able to spend a lot of good quality time with my family over the holidays during my impromptu trip home.
During my time, I had lots of time for good visits with so many of my family. There were my aunts, an uncle, three of my five cousins (and their significant people), and the five great-nieces.
As I caught up on their lives and them on mine, I realized again how important family is. And how lucky I am to have such a good one.
We laughed a lot.
I got lost in the adventures that only 4-year-olds can take you on. We read stories. We told stories (some better than others). We snuggled. We took "walks" around the house. We grabbed coffees. We played games. We caught-up. We were busy.
I also got to see my cousins as parents. They are all so good. Their kids are awesome (all 5).
I realized they are creating the life we had for their own children. Lives with some limits, but filled with possibility. Those munchkins will grow up and just like us, knowing they are loved to their very cores. They will probably make some choices that their parents don't like (and some they may regret), but will never doubt that they are loved.
I am so grateful for the time I got to spend with them as grown-ups.
I liked them as kids and it's nice to know they are just as great(maybe better) as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment