Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Missing.

So, as I have not-so-subtley alluded to in the last few posts, my work is busy. And I mean, busy.
When I put my name in the hat for this job, I knew it would pose some challenges and I was ready. The city has definately provided me with the challenges I have signed on for (and then some). And I have said before, this 'busy'ness has not allowed me to discover as much about the city and the people here as I would prefer, but then again I need to remind myself that I have only lived here for 6 weeks.
Unlike in the past, I do not have a close friend/neighbor to lean for those quick dinners out. Specifically, a friend like my HLP. Being here and being busy has made me miss her more than I ever thought. We have not lived in the same city for more than two years now, but until now I have always had the opportunity to return to Phoenix every few months, so the living far away from your BFF wasn't as evident as now. I realized the other day that I have not seen her in 4 months. Now, normally that wouldn't be a big deal. There are plenty of people I hold dear that I don't see for more than a year at a time sometimes. But she and I have never gone more than 3 months without at least a lunch date. And it makes me sad.
I miss her.
I miss having a buddy nearby to just eat a meal with and leave within the hour and know that it's no big thing because she gets it. 
Or just having a buddy to try out a new place with.
Or go for a walk with when you need a brain break.
I miss her when the going is good, cause she's super fun to share good times with.
But I miss her most when things are not so good because she's been my go-to person for so long.
You know that person who you can whine and bitch to without judgement.
And the person who will laugh at the ridiculousness right along with you.
Because she just gets it.
Oh, and because she knows you better than most.
And mostly, because she's just good like that.

So, today when the world is upside down I am missing my buddy.
And I really wish I could twinkle my nose and pop by for a dinner date.
A phone call may have to do, but it's just not the same.
And I feel like something is missing...





1 comment:

  1. i know the feeling my friend. i know work is getting in the way of discoveries and adventures and new friends. but i know before long you'll have all of those and more!

    ReplyDelete